Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows networking questions

Default Windows networking questions

Does anyone know how to restrict one computer on a LAN (a basic LAN with one router, 2 wired computers and 2 wireless ones) from being able to access a shared resource (say, a shared directory/drive)?

Thanks !

Default Re: Windows networking questions

Quote Originally Posted by raveolution
    Does anyone know how to restrict one computer on a LAN (a basic LAN with one router, 2 wired computers and 2 wireless ones) from being able to access a shared resource (say, a shared directory/drive)?

Thanks !
    Try right clicking on the drive icon or folder your trying to restrict to bring up it properties, then select the sharing tab and check the box that says Make this folder private. I think thats one way of doing it.
    You might have to adjust settings in Windows firewall or whatever other firewall your using.

Default Re: Windows networking questions

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    Try right clicking on the drive icon or folder your trying to restrict to bring up it properties, then select the sharing tab and check the box that says Make this folder private. I think thats one way of doing it.
    You might have to adjust settings in Windows firewall or whatever other firewall your using.
    I did that, but it doesn't do what I want.. I want to make it so, like, 198.1.1.4 and localhost (198.1.1.5) can access it and 198.1.1.2 cannot access it.

Thread Information