Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Using a scanner with Windows 2003 Server

Default Using a scanner with Windows 2003 Server

need to use an hp ScanJet 3400C scanner on a PC with Windows 2003 Server standard edition, SP1.

I started whe Windows Image Aquisition (WIA) service and then installed the drivers without any problem. On the device manager I can see the scanner, supposedly working properly and without any conflicts. But when I try to use it I always get a "can't initialize scanner" error. Is there any other service I need to start?

BTW, the same scanner works perfectly with the same drivers and software on a PC with Windows XP.
    It's not important to know all the answers, as long as you know how to contact someone who does.

Default Re: Using a scanner with Windows 2003 Server

I'll try a different approach...

I need to have a scanner in a Windows 2003 server standard edition, SP1.
    I tried a scanner compatible with Windows XP and it doesn't work with 2003 server, and all the models I search are listed as compatible with Windows XP, but not with 2003 Server.

What brand and model can I use in the $80 - $150 price range thats listed as compatible with Windows 2003 server?
    It's not important to know all the answers, as long as you know how to contact someone who does.

Thread Information