Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows XP Taskmanager

Angry Windows XP Taskmanager

Task Manager, Alt-Ctrl-Del, Regedit, have all disappeared from my XP system. I assume it is because of one of those automatic overnight updates that installed itself on my system around three in the morning. They were working fine one night and the next morning I couldn’t get either of these programs to work. I extracted the exe file for Task Manager from its .cab file, and expanded it in its root location. I tried to execute the exe file but the system just ignores it. Running regedit from the “Run” dialog gets a quick glimpse of a dos window and an even quicker disappearance of the same. Alt-Ctrl-Del does nothing at all. When I first encountered this phenomena I backed up all my important data, inserted my XP CD, which my system informed me could not be used because my current system made it obsolete (or words to tat effect.)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Anyone know how to fix this without erasing my hard drives and starting over?

Default Re: Windows XP Taskmanager

Without access to the registry, I don't know.

Default Re: Windows XP Taskmanager

can you not use the xp disk to repair your installation? or is this what you meant by not working?
    System Specs:
    AMD athlon 64 3200 venice @ 2.4ghz
    Asrock Dual-939SATA2
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 chip r430 @ 480mhz core/540mhz mem with 1.6v vcore
    1gb Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 timings 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz
    250gb Hitatchi deskstar T7K500 SATAII disk
    160gb samsung spinpoint PATA disk
    Asus 1608P2 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
    Unbranded 500W PSU single 17A rail
    Innovatek and Asetek Watercooling (triple fan radiator)
    LOTS OF METAL

Thread Information