Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: im having a problem reinstallin winxp on my other system

Default im having a problem reinstallin winxp on my other system

Hey All,

im tryin to reinstall winxp back on my other system b/c few days ago i install a new power supply but i got around today to reinstall windows back on it but im having a problem where it will locked up at the windows setup screen but i try cleanin the cd and everything i think of so...u have any thing for me to try so..i can get winxp back on the system.

Default Re: im having a problem reinstallin winxp on my other system

It is difficult, to say the least, when we have no information about the system or the (new and old) power supplies to work with. Without any of this info, the only guess I can make is that you may have hooked up something wrong. Double check all connections and make sure all required connectors are hooked up to the motherboard. Also watch out for newer power supplies that have a "fan only" Molex connector. These are regulated by the thermal probe inside the PSU and if you have these hooked to any components you likely are running into a lack of power issue. If this isn't the case, then you might give us some details about your system so we can be of more help.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

the new power supply i got is a dual fan one its a 24 Pin, i try unhookin the fan the hook up to one of the wire coming from the power supply and i unhook the floppy drive but still lockin up at the windows setup screen and its all hook up right it just dont wanna install any windows on it i tryed windows 95,98,2000 & xp and still nothin and still wanna locked up. im thinkin my ram is goin bad or something and i only got 256Mb of ram in it i think i forgot how much ram it was i think it is 256mb one, its a P4 too, i try everything and still nothin workin so...if any1 dont have anything have me to try here, im goin to just take it to a computer shop today see if they can find out the problem with it see if they can fixed it

You are still not really giving us any info about your system. What motherboard etc.? Why do you have a new powersupply and why is it that you need to reinstall Windows just because you have a new power supply? Did the old power supply die and wipe out your harddrive info at the same time somehow? Maybe it fried some other components at the same time? Everything is a guess at this point since we really have nothing to go on.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

i just took my pc to a computer shop, they found the problem it was the cpu tray was crack so...they replace it and they give me a wrong power supply to me too so..they change that too so...its all ok and running again

What is a "cpu tray"?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Thread Information