Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (HOW TO) Removing annoying WGA stuff from Windows XP

Default Re: (HOW TO) Removing annoying WGA stuff from Windows XP

casecutter

what do u mean i have to bottleneck my cpu its really good it should handle my graphic cards. And my psu is really goodit should handle it easily. well is it a good set up anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTON88
    casecutter

what do u mean i have to bottleneck my cpu its really good it should handle my graphic cards. And my psu is really goodit should handle it easily. well is it a good set up anyways.
    I am not trying to say your setup is not good, it is much better than most. But to get those cards to work to their potential, you need to overclock your CPU alot. No stock CPU out right now can do it and even 90% of all overclocked CPU's could not handle them in SLI. As for your PSU, Ultra is not known for their quality and they are just not recommended by many people. Think of it this way, using a sub par PSU can take out alot of other parts when it dies and those PSU's are not meant for regular SLI, never mind Quad SLI. You need a PSU with alot more power. My PSU has 4 12V+ rails that add up to 55A and it is hardly up to the requirements for my system.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

So i should return it and get a better psu probably. I qas thinking the same thing at first but the ytold me it would be perfect for my setup. DAMN LIERS but the only reason iam not OCing my cpu alot is becacause they havent released any decent cooling devices for the cpu yet. Iam waiting for water cooling or something just as good. Right now iam using zalman C9500 for it which is not for my processor its made for 939 so i had to mod that fan to work with my cpu. But it still keeps my temps from 40c idle and 52 full load. Which is crap. one other thing pisses me off is that i only get 8000 in 3dmark06 thats crap isnt it well i really dont know. But when i had my 7900 gtxs in sli i got a score of 8609. Which is good i think. THe reason i was thnking why my 7950gtx2's didnt get as high of a score was that nvidia hasnt realesed any drivers yet for my Video cards. BUt i dont think it make a big difference. What do u think

heh looks to me like some people really cant find the easy way to remove wga
    go to system32 rename wga then delete done.
    go to task manager end process done.
    thats all
    so many long ways to stop it working...........
    and whats the deal anyway microsoft sucks
    i'm staying with linux

Default offline wga check

Hi,

I've got another problem with wga. I downloaded a Language Interface Pack which did not require validation check.
    When I want to install that language pack (offline) it says that my windows is not genuine and that I have to validate it first.
    None of the recent workarounds do work. What could I do to prevent the installation package of checking wga?

Greets,
    Less

You can purchase a legal Windows COA instead of downloading an illegal copy off the internet. I don't care what anyone says on this issue. I have never ever had a single issue ever from WGA on my PC. I have activated my copy of XP Home over 100 times with Microssoft due to hardware changes. I have updated my XP Home with all the updates as many times and never had an issue with WGA. While I was not happy how WGA was snuck in and contacts MS daily without user knowledge, I still stand by my feelings. If it is giving you problems, call Microsoft. If you can't call Microsoft about it, then obviously you have an illegal copy. There are many legal ways to remove WGA from a LEGAL copy. I am also kinda sad that these types of threads exist on a credible forum. And do you notice how most of the people asking have very little forum time? All they are doing is googling the topic and joining to get a quick answer to never come back and be useful again. This is basically pandering when you give them the help they need to circumvent these issues.

BUY A LEGAL COPY OF WINDOWS AND YOU WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS.

rant over..........
    Last edited by casecutter; 08-23-2006 at 11:57 PM.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Where is the cheapest but legal place to get windows xp home?
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Default Re: offline wga check

Quote Originally Posted by lesslie
    Hi,

I've got another problem with wga. I downloaded a Language Interface Pack which did not require validation check.
    When I want to install that language pack (offline) it says that my windows is not genuine and that I have to validate it first.
    None of the recent workarounds do work. What could I do to prevent the installation package of checking wga?

Greets,
    Less
    WGA has caused a lot of problems with its required validations, but it is ofr nothing more than stopping the notifications. If you don't have a valid copy of Windows, you will still need to address this issue first. If you do have a valid version, then contact Microsoft (as casecutter mentioned) and have them get you squared away.

Please note that we are not giving users a means to get around the requirement of having a legitimate version of Windows for their system. This workaround was given a "STICKY" status because of the many issues that some users have had with WGA and their very legal version of WindowsXP.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by orangutang91
    Where is the cheapest but legal place to get windows xp home?
    $81.00 at MWave

$89.99 at Newegg
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Ok, I'll tell the whole story.

I've got a fully licensed version op XP pro but it is not in english. The installer of the language pack gives an error and requires an english windows version.
    So I installed the english version (copy) but my licence key does not work on it. And so it came that I cracked this version because I do not want to pay twice for the same product. M$ does not give any support.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information