Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: USB Troubles?

Default USB Troubles?

I am having a strange problem with my Toshiba Satellite A105 laptop running Windows XP Home w/SP2. I noticed that I could only print one line of any document on my USB printer and then the laptop would error saying the document could not be printed. At times I could get 3 copies of the document when only requesting one. I then tried to print to my wireless network printer from the laptop and had the same results, one page of a multi page report printed this time. I suspected a USB problem and attached my SanDisk to the front USB port and it was not recognized, in the rear port it was recognized but no files were displayed when I opened the drive. I have run SFC and done a virus scan as well as a spyware scan to no avail. I have also re installed the drivers. I can not find a Restore point to use as I do not know when the problem may have started. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by jmurr; 06-17-2006 at 05:15 AM.

Thumbs up Re: USB Troubles?

Just curious, have you reinstalled windows lately? Is it patched with SP1 and SP2? Because any USB trouble can come from not having the USB 2.0 patch... just a suggestion to check anyway.

Default Re: USB Troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by jeputi
    Just curious, have you reinstalled windows lately? Is it patched with SP1 and SP2? Because any USB trouble can come from not having the USB 2.0 patch... just a suggestion to check anyway.
    He have Win XP Home with SP2 ;)

Maybe you should reinstall MS Office, if you print from Word. What I know - this is not related to USB port problem. And I don't even heard about such troubles, it's something new)

Default Re: USB Troubles?

Have you checked your printer spooler?
    `
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Thread Information