Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Software advice

Default Software advice

I wonder why this forum is so silent? :) Can you guys advice some useful software? Let's post within this topic some programs. If each user will post one of it favorite software we will be able get to know some handy tools.

So let me start:

VistaGlance, a free program for instant name-based and tag-based file search and access. VistaGlance adds the search features which were announced to be added into Windows Vista in the end of this year and are already known as Spotlight in MacOS X Tiger into today's Windows. Now Windows users can access files and programs by their names, attributes and keywords and do not ever think about their placement.
    So, it really produced an impression on me by introducing a fast search with different parameters and comfortable interface. "Must have" program! ;) II think you will be able to find where to download this tool. Don't know if I allowed to post links here.

Default Re: Software advice

Quote Originally Posted by nethex
    Don't know if I allowed to post links here.
    you are, its the icon with the earth and a figure eight.
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Default Re: Software advice

And let me focuse your attention on the main idea of keywords - make effective search of files without taking into account their names.
    For example: you want to find some photos with "party" at "Club Glow" when special guest was "DJ Ferry Corsten", with some of your friends "Alex, Kate, Eugene". I think this is not a best choice to name the file like "Party at Club Glow guest DJ Tiesto, with Alex, Kate, Eugene_134.jpg" and so... You just need to apply a matching tags and then just search by these tags. Nice, isn't? With VistaGlance you can create your own keywords on any files you want.

Ok, so there is the link where you can download program I mentioned above
    http://www.vistaglance.com

orangutang91, what software you often use and your favorite program from it? Except windows built in tools, of course ;)
    Last edited by nethex; 07-20-2006 at 01:57 AM.

Thread Information