Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Network slowness

Default Network slowness

I was wondering if anyone had any tweaks for Windows to make a home network run faster- network shares seem to be loading really slowly on what should be a speedy network. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Network slowness

Have they always been slow? If not, then you may have picked up a nasty piece of Malware recently that effects even your home network speeds. If it has been a constant problem or you just want to tweak, then I would do some searching on www.dslreports.com as they have a pretty good set of guides that will help you get the most out of your network. They specialize in Internet speeds, but the tweaks should also be helpful on your home network.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Also it could be that another comp. next door hopped on to your network. Or someone in your hood has just set up a wireless network or two and that is approaching your blocks web access limit.
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by orangutang91
    Also it could be that another comp. next door hopped on to your network. Or someone in your hood has just set up a wireless network or two and that is approaching your blocks web access limit.
    IF he has a wireless network.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2005
    IF he has a wireless network.
    I dont know why I thought that he was on a network. But still, it might be that another network is hogging all the internet usage for his block
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Thread Information