Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Uninstall doesn't work

Exclamation Uninstall doesn't work

Some programs I can uninstall fine, but there are a lot that I would like to uninstall that wont work either in the Add\Remove programs or in the start menu. When I click on uninstall I get the following error

RUNDLL
    Error loading c:\progra~1\common~1\instal~1\professional\runtime \0701\intel32\ctor.dll
    The specified module could not be found.

I have looked all over the internet even on the installshield site but I have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Current Set-up: Thermaltake Tsunami case, Thermaltake 480 W silent purepower, MSI K8N Neo2 Plat., AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w/Venus 12 cooler, 2x512 DDR400, ATI AIW 9800 Pro w/Kingwin VGA cooler (it looks cool anyway), Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZX Gamer, 2x160 GB SATA RAID 0 HDD.

Default Re: Uninstall doesn't work

are the files to the apps deleted? I did that once, I was new to unninstalling, I went into the apps folder and deleted the things inside, its still on my app list.
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

I have no experience with your problem but I may have found a replacement ctor.dll file for you: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html Use it at your own risk. I d-loaded it and scanned it with AVG and A Squared and found no bugs but still no garantee that it will solve the problem either.

Try googleing "ctor.dll" for a lot of info ... most related to Hotbar but so far as I can discover the location you give is a legit .dll file for Installsheild.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

I have tried to download the file and place it in the folders that it wants to see it in but that didn't work. There is a ctor.dll file in the installshield directory but in a whole different set of sub folders.
    Current Set-up: Thermaltake Tsunami case, Thermaltake 480 W silent purepower, MSI K8N Neo2 Plat., AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w/Venus 12 cooler, 2x512 DDR400, ATI AIW 9800 Pro w/Kingwin VGA cooler (it looks cool anyway), Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZX Gamer, 2x160 GB SATA RAID 0 HDD.

Thread Information