Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: windows selection broken???

Exclamation windows selection broken???

ok i just installed tiny xp REV05 on my C:/ drive but i already had a normal xp on my D:/ drive (is also on a other HD) but after i formated the C:/ (also had a XP on it in case i broke the one on D:/ so i could replace the files instead of format) but now it just boot's to the tiny xp REV 05 and i cant even select the second one

this screen used to have 2 xp's i've tryed to ad one manualy but i get the screen but i cant get it to boot up the second xp

so i was woundering doese anybody know how i can fix it without reeinstalling that xp :?

Default Re: windows selection broken???

Assuming the partitions are on the same physical disk, change your default statement to relect partition(2) instead of (1) and it will boot the D:\ drive OS (possibly the Multi line as well but I don't recall offhand). From there you might check into a boot loader utility, there are several around to choose from.

As a rule, WinXP should always be the last OS loaded onto a system since it has a built in boot loader and will see the other operating systems and give you a loading screen. The only exception to this that I am aware of is if you also use Linux in your multi-loading scheme, then you will want to install that last. Most distributions have solid boot loaders included, but you may want to research this beforehand to verify with the distro you are wanting to make use of.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

nope actualy it's on my second phisical drive not the fist ^^'' so then i should just have to change the 0 to a 1 behind disk but when i do that it says.... brb leme check

wth no edit button >:( oh well

nope actualy it's on my second phisical drive not the fist ^^'' so then i should just have to change the 0 to a 1 behind disk but when i do that it says

windows could not start becouse of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
    could not read from the selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware.
    please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware referance manuals for additional information.

so i guess thats wrong : /

You may have inadvertantly made changes to the bootable area of the D:\ drive. It has been too long since I have rebuilt a boot sector so it may be far simpler to just reload your operating systems and make sure to load WinXP last to allow the use of a working boot loader utility.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

ok i fixed it changed everything but then it hit me the only thing i didnt chage.... rdisk all i had to do was change it to 1 and well im actualy already on my other xp again -.-'' still thx for ur help

Thread Information