Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP Pro for $99?

Default XP Pro for $99?

I was reading an article in maximum pc about building a $1500 pc. Anyway one of the components was xp pro oem. It said the price was $99. Where did he get this for that price? I want it.
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

Default Re: XP Pro for $99?

Quote Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    I was reading an article in maximum pc about building a $1500 pc. Anyway one of the components was xp pro oem. It said the price was $99. Where did he get this for that price? I want it.
    i recall the article. If i remember correctly he did mention OEM - (origional equiptment manufacturer) since companies like Dell and others that include xp on their machines when u buy em these companies get a huge discount (i hope) by using versions that are licensed to them but not with all the preks that go along with buying xp from the store - someone help me with this i'm screwing it up good.

i purchased oem versions from newegg.com it was xp pro and was a little under 99 buxs. i can probably go back and look up the reciept. now when i installed it on a machine i built, i was not entitled to xp support (per microsux - they never solved any problems of mine anyway- i always did)

So main thig about OEM equpit or software is the warranty maybe diff, if hardware it maynot include cd extras (in case of a gfx card no games), may not include even a manual such is the case with most OEM dvd writers u just get the raw drive of course theres nothing 2 do but plug it up and if PATA do the master/slave jumper. but noting any 1st ye tech student couldnt do.
    i'm sorry my words are so pittiful. i wanted this 2 come out right but im current (forever- on some heavy drugs and my thoughs are all over the plce- plus it hurts 2 type)

now i know we have many others here who could explain OEM a lot better and i hope someone will... please excuse my screwup-ness.

yep.. OEM windows xp pro. under 99 buxs..Sometimes u have 2 purchase it in a bundle - like with a motherboard or cpu... around $75 i'd assume now..
    lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me.
    -
    Ron Shaw
    I Am a Criminal created by the US Government
    A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
    I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.

Thread Information