Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Bootxp help

Default Bootxp help

Hi,

I've been having problems with bootxp. First when I tried to change the windows boot screen with the screen I wanted it wouldn't work plus it keeps
    comingup to the f8 menu to select a back up line option.

I uninstalled all of bootxp and now strangely enough it boots with my screen
    but I have to hit enter from the f8 menu.

Any ideas how to get back to the way was OEM screen to windows boot screen without kick out all the time ??

Thanks

Hagi.

Default Re: Bootxp help

Here is my boot.ini file, if I delete the first line would it default back to
    the normal windows xp boot screen ??

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOW S
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="(Back up Line) Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="(Back up Line) (Backup Line) Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Default Re: Bootxp help

You have extra line items that are not standard. This is what a standard OEM type boot.ini file looks like. From the looks of yours, the location of the WinXP Pro is the same as mine. You might try saving your .ini file as a .old and copy/paste this into a new boot.ini file and see what happens. Depending on whether there are registry entries this program made on your system, this may or may not work.

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOW S
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information