Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows bootup take forever

Default Windows bootup take forever

Hi, ive got windows XP Pro x64 and it takes an age to load up at the start.
    Its not so much the loading screen part but the personal settings. It will hang for about 2mins. Then when the taskbar and icon appear i still have to wait for about 2mins untill i can do anythink.
    I heard somewhere that windows loads to main files at the start, The Master bit file and somthink else. It said that if i disable windows to load the other file it will cut the load time in half. Where can i find these settings..
    Also ive got Tuneup Utilities 2007 and have run every option on it and still no luck..

Default Re: Windows bootup take forever

How long has it been since you formatted your PC?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Its only a 3 month old pc. Every hardware is brand new.
    Ive got 2 HDDs, The main HDD with windows is a 300gb SATA with only 40% used with 2gb pagefile.
    And my Second one is like a backup HDD, i store important info and videos, music and images. and has no pagefile.
    I head that if u have too many files on ur main HDD is will slow down windows, but i dont see how this is the problem in my case..

Defragment your hard drive, and disable any programs that run with Windows. Most likely, you have a lot of programs starting up with the computer.

You can also try us Bootvis, which usually provides a healthy decrease in boot time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th View Post
    Defragment your hard drive, and disable any programs that run with Windows. Most likely, you have a lot of programs starting up with the computer.

You can also try us Bootvis, which usually provides a healthy decrease in boot time.
    I defragmented and thats what slowed it down in the first place.
    When i defraged 2 weeks ago my pc crashed halfway through. I checked for errors and found none and now the pc was starting up slow..Ive defraged a few days ago and still no change...
    And the only programmes that load at the start are my Firewall, Avast Virus detector, my sound card system and my wireless connection. The rest is windows systems stuff that i dont touch.

Thread Information