Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vista problems

Default Re: Vista problems

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude View Post
    I found that the hit for gaming in Vista was quite substantial so a quick reformat with duel boot set up and i have a clean copy of XP specifically for gaming , and a nice copy of Vista for anything else. Leaving XP nice and clean helps keep things running nice and smooth. As a side note i find it interesting that company of heroes would not play on Vista even though it is the first game to carry the "game for Windows" logo.

Assuming your using the 32 bit version of Vista......... Company of hero's is listed as being compatible with Vista on every website that I've seen with a Vista game compatibility list. I have it on one of my Vista machines and it seems to work but its not the original version so I can't say I've actually tested that version first hand and I can't say I've played through the game on a Vista machine. I'm guessing you have another issue with the game if it won't run on your machine.

Never had a problem with it running on XP. On Vista (32 bit) the game would boot but would crash when loading a level. When searching for the solution i came across a thread on the official site which listed issues with Vista and high texture settings which could be solved by lowering the texture quality. The problem persisted, which is why it ended up on XP.
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude View Post
    Never had a problem with it running on XP. On Vista (32 bit) the game would boot but would crash when loading a level. When searching for the solution i came across a thread on the official site which listed issues with Vista and high texture settings which could be solved by lowering the texture quality. The problem persisted, which is why it ended up on XP.
    Might have something to do with the video card your using. I think I remember reading that certain video cards have issues with the game in Vista. If you haven't already, try the newest driver for your card, I'd guess sooner or later there would be a fix.

I had the catalyst 7.3 on at the time and even patching didn't solve it. Haven't tried it on 7.4 but i'm sure it'll be fixed some time. XP works nicely for now though.
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information