Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where has the camera and scanner wizard gone in Vista???

Default Where has the camera and scanner wizard gone in Vista???

I'm still searching for it but its not in the same spot as it was in XP, I hope its still there somewhere or my wife won't be happy when she has to scan her next DVD label...

Default Re: Where has the camera and scanner wizard gone in Vista???

What version do you have? I think it's only on the Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions, and it's called the Windows Fax and Scan.

Quote Originally Posted by CColtManM View Post
    What version do you have? I think it's only on the Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions, and it's called the Windows Fax and Scan.

Premium

Open the Scanners and Cameras wizard by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Scanners and Cameras.

If it's not there... i got bad news for you.

Also, you could have done a search in the help.

Sure the printer/scanner drivers are installed I just don't see the Windows Camera and scanner option available under the start button, accessories folders anymore like it use to be in XP.

You might be right about having to upgrade an upgrade to get something that was free before, Damn Microsoft!!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/29/w...rt-1-software/
    Attached Images Attached Images Where has the camera and scanner wizard gone in Vista???-scanner-jpg 
    Last edited by Spongebob; 02-13-2007 at 01:46 AM.

Yeah, i saw that, but didn't want to burst your bubble if i was right or wrong.

Anyways, couldn't you easily get a third part software to do what your looking for? Yeah, it's not built in, but still.

Also, i don't know the exact file name, but maybe you can do a search, it's possible it's just not listed on the start menu, but is hidden in the windows folder.

Yeah, i saw that, but didn't want to burst your bubble if i was right or wrong.

Anyways, couldn't you easily get a third part software to do what your looking for? Yeah, it's not built in, but still.

Also, i don't know the exact file name, but maybe you can do a search, it's possible it's just not listed on the start menu, but is hidden in the windows folder.

I think I'll have to get some 3rd party software like you say. I'm not sure whats good and basic though. Any suggestions???

HP's software for this printer is incompatable with Vista except for the updated drivers. I'm not even sure if that software would include scanning software since I've never installed prepackaged software for any printer/scanner I've ever owned. I probably wouldn't want that crap on it anyway becuase it would most likely make me install a bunch of other junk along with it that would drive me nutz just because its there. Can't remember what we did back in the Win 98 and 95 days for scanning.

I go here for a lot of photo reviews, this is the direct link: http://photo-organizing-software-rev...enreviews.com/ and they day MS Digital Image is the best one. Now, i have used this software, and am impressed by it. I suggest getting the demo of two or three types before you decide.

I go here for a lot of photo reviews, this is the direct link: http://photo-organizing-software-rev...enreviews.com/ and they day MS Digital Image is the best one. Now, i have used this software, and am impressed by it. I suggest getting the demo of two or three types before you decide.

Thanks, I have a 2006 version of MS Digital Image but never used it at all even though it was installed on one of my systems. Is there a 2007 version out now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information