Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Not ACPI Compliant....Reduex....again

Default Not ACPI Compliant....Reduex....again

I last posted that all was well, I had fixed my problem.....NOT!! I can boot off my 74GB WD just fine, (leading me to think I had fixed my problem) until I connected my 200GB Maxtor, then I get the BSOD telling me that my bios is not ACPI compliant. I can even boot off the Maxtor with the WD as the 2nd drive.
    What gives? Both drives are sata so switching boot drives is easy, but what gives? The bios is certainly ACPI comliant, it all worked fine until I installed A proggie called InterVideo's WinDVD Suite. On rebooting the 74GB I got the BSOD. I un-installed the proggie but it didn't help.
    Anyone have a clue why this is happening, and how to resolve it?

Default Re: Not ACPI Compliant....Reduex....again

Quote Originally Posted by Tmodel1937 View Post
    I last posted that all was well, I had fixed my problem.....NOT!! I can boot off my 74GB WD just fine, (leading me to think I had fixed my problem) until I connected my 200GB Maxtor, then I get the BSOD telling me that my bios is not ACPI compliant. I can even boot off the Maxtor with the WD as the 2nd drive.
    What gives? Both drives are sata so switching boot drives is easy, but what gives? The bios is certainly ACPI comliant, it all worked fine until I installed A proggie called InterVideo's WinDVD Suite. On rebooting the 74GB I got the BSOD. I un-installed the proggie but it didn't help.
    Anyone have a clue why this is happening, and how to resolve it?
    Try google searching not ACPI compliant or something close to that decribing what you are seeing. It looks like others have had similar problems, seems to be some solutions, possibly even one for you.

Thread Information