Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SB Live problem in XP Pro.

lol...consider yourself lucky!

Albinus I've never had that prob since the 4.36 4in1's were released but then I think it all boils down to how ya setup the system and disablin' DOS emulation is part of it with the SB Lives. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Just my useless and biased opinion, but I truly believe the best part of the development of the SB Live occured in the Marketing Dept.

If the product lived up to the hype, they would rule. :D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Well i have had the SB and th Via's and the only problam i had was that the SB DID NOT like a o'c :no: so i sayed screw this and went to my onboard sound when i got a diffrent mobo and it runs fine, but i did take the SB out an dit o'c like a mfer :flames: But also i knwo a guy that has had the smae problams as you but he did it all by turned his speakers up to load all the time, so he went to fix it and he screwed everythign up got his sounds to work funny so i went it and got them all fixed but he still has a crackle to this day.
    MSI K7T Turbo 2
    1.6xp (1.4mhz)
    1024mb SDRAM
    A-Open GeForceTI200 64mb
    52X Sony Cd-Rom
    32x12x40 Lite-On CDRW
    IBM 40 Gig
    Antec SX830/w 300W PSU

Ive got the same problem, in windows XP it crackles like crazy, and i almost pull my hair out when i heard it, cos i thought my speakers where f**ked, i have a bose system, in my room, and the very thought of that screwing up is a nightmare, concidering how much they cost, but i also have 98 on my computer as well, and it doesnt crackle for that? ive got the latest drivers for my system, but it still does it. im guessing it must be a windaz XP problem since it works fine in 98.

bloody MS!

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus
    Am I the only person around here with a VIA based motherboard and a SoundBlaster Live! with no problems at all? :confused:
    Mine has always worked fine.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy

Mine has always worked fine.. :)

w00t!!! Another person... finally!!!

What South Bridge does your motherboard use Beefy? I have only used a SoundBlaster Live! on a V-Link based chip (VT8233 to be exact), and had dismissed all other SB problems to those using the infamous 686B South Bridge... :?:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

on my previous pc i was using a via based chipset, running sblive value, with xp.. there was no crackling noise at all, none what so ever.. .that was about the only problem i didn't have though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information