Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vista block disable....

Default Re: Vista block disable....

Quote Originally Posted by PorscheGuy997@yahoo.com View Post
    I wish there would be some kind of 'Tweaker's Edition' to Vista. One that was a barebones operating system that just had the necessary things. Anyone can install their own antivirus!!! The os should only be able to run / install apps and to tell you if anything is wrong. Vista is such a control freak!

I kind of get the sense that Vista is really going to be a pain.

By the way, we wouldn't even need a virus protection software if there weren't so many backdoors!!!!!!!!!

I think Microsoft forgot people were actually suppose to use an operating system for other things other than worry about a possible virus.
    After trying Vista, I'd almost bet Bill Gates wears a life jacket when he goes to the desert, just incase he might find some water to drown in.

The only way Vista can keep virus' and other baddies out is by the relentless blocking and permissions masks. It really is garbage.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter View Post
    I definitely feel your pain right now. I run a small PC business out of my house building PC's. Anythime one of my customers asks about Vista I quickly scream "NO!" and smack their nose with a rolled up newspaper (figuratively of course).
    The thing is, and I'm in your same boat, but Vista is here and we will have to learn our way around it sooner or later (just like MEss).

I decided on sooner so I built a Vista PC to join my XP ones (my networked printers and scanner are well supported) so those ppl who do have new Dells in town (and the surrounding country side) now (6 at last count) will have someone who can sort their probs out for them when the time comes.

I hear ya, but I refuse to buy Vista and I will not offer support to my customers for Vista until the time comes that M$ has seen fit to make it function properly. I understand that millions of happy Vista users don't mind the grief, but there is no way I can support an OS that is so new and full of bugs. I personally hope it goes the way of ME because there is no reason XP cannot run DX10. Hackers have already proven DX10 will run in XP and they even are getting windows games to run under Linux and UNIX with the same code they used to hack DX10. M$ needs to be exposed for the fraud they perpetrate on people for telling us what we must have to run our PC's. I know I sound like I am hawking a conspirtacy theory, but M$ shouldn't need to make another $20 Billion off of consumers for code that should be properly working when released.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate

She said the laptop was good now...............A HUGE improvement!

Vista actually doesn't seem that bad after its been tweaked a little in my opinion, maybe not a $100+ upgrade not that bad but it can easily be made tolerable. Too bad MS had to force so many useless settings on a home user with a default install. Its a real shame.

When is TT's Win Vista tweak guide coming about?
    Last edited by Spongebob; 04-30-2007 at 05:47 AM.

I don't hate Vista because it is inherently bad, I don't like it because XP can do anything it can. Even DX10 is going to be hacked to work in XP. Vista is a cash grab. It was released in a sad state and continues to work that way. M$ preached there would be no need for service packs, but now they are getting a SP1 ready. They porked XP by killing off a SP3 because they want people to only buy Vista. I will run Vista when I get it for free. I will never in a million years pay for it.

Oh yeah, glad you got it working for her, LOL!
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information