Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New Hardware Wizard

Talking New Hardware Wizard

I am running WinXP SP-2, every time I boot up I get this New Hardware Wizard wanting to install drivers for a USB device, I have no idea what device is being referred to. I go to Device Manager and sure enough under Other Devices is a USB device that has no drivers installed. All the devices I have plugged into the USB ports are working OK. How can I keep the New Hardware Wizard from displaying?

Thanks, Bob

Default Re: New Hardware Wizard

try installing new chipset drivers - it could be the usb controller itself trying to install

Default Re: New Hardware Wizard

Other thing to do would be to jump onto the Windows Update site and see if there are any updates for the usb device there.
    BRING IT ON!!!!

4. Default Re: New Hardware Wizard

Your computer is trying to install the USB 2.0 drivers. It works because it is running off USB 1.1 drivers.

I had this happen on an older computer. Just let Windows find the driver in the 'New Hardware Wizard' and it will automatically install it.

Thread Information