Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please help me fix my windows

Default Re: please help me fix my windows

well at least i got my keyboard and mouse working, on my ps3. as for the computer, i reset the cmos, stripped out all the ram and graphics cards and drives, blew out all the dust and made sure the connectors were clean. i put back together and tried different cables on the drives, still no go. after i press to boot from cd and it says it is scanning my hardware configuration it goes to a black screen, still running, and sits there. i can hear something spoolig up from time to time, then it calms down again and repetes, acting like its going to do something. is there anyway to manually format a harddrive? thanks for the help guys.
    amd 4200 x2
    2gb ocz gold pc4000
    dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
    antec sp500
    bfg7800gtx
    zalman cpu cooler

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
    .......... after i press to boot from cd and it says it is scanning my hardware configuration it goes to a black screen, still running, and sits there.......
    This is sounding more and more like hdd failure, is the hdd recognised in the bios?
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

ok, i went out got bought a new western digital hdd from circuit city, yuck i know, 110 bucks for 250gb. i woul have done newegg but i can't wait that long. i also got an official xp pro cd. so i'm gonna switch out hdd and see what happens. if this doesn't work then i really have no idea what coul be wrong. anyways, thanks for the help thus far.
    amd 4200 x2
    2gb ocz gold pc4000
    dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
    antec sp500
    bfg7800gtx
    zalman cpu cooler

ok, i went out got bought a new western digital hdd from circuit city, yuck i know, 110 bucks for 250gb.
    WD drives are fine, all my drives are WD, you may have been a bit premature as we haven't actually proven it is the hdd that is faulty.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

well at least i got my keyboard and mouse working, on my ps3.......... i can hear something spoolig up from time to time, then it calms down again and repetes, acting like its going to do something.
    I used to have a Laptop that got dropped to a hardwood floor (aww, man!) and then the HD sounded like that. RIP 10 GB, all data was destroyed, no backups. It sounded like it accelerating, then it suddenly cuts out, then goes again, then cuts out and this cycle repeats again and again until it gives up.

If you have really important data in your HD, you're in trouble.

P.S: Useful suggestion on using your KB and Mouse, eh?

have you tried updating your bios?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information