Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Logging ProfXP onto Win98 network?

Any help on getting a WindowsXP system to talk with two other computers running Windows98/98SE? Connected through HUB (no issue) and previous Windows98 system had no issues. While going through XP connection it is wanting me to load a network XP start-up disk on my other systems but I'm worried I would hose the other systems - any help?
    Thanks!

ok so you just want to setup the network? well no, you don't have to run a setup disk on other computers, just set it all up like a normal network but on the XP machine make sure you go into System Properties -> Computer Name tab -> Click on Network ID and go thru it...
    At the request of wiggo ;)

and the network util disk won't hurt your other systems - its just designed to set them up for automatic ip(DHCP assigned) - which means to get your networking you must start your "server" first - by server i mean the one you setup as the host

It also puts them in the same workgroup.

For the most stable config you should set them to manual and assign them ip's.

yeah & don't forget to put in the same subnet masks :)
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Thread Information