Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Registry Error

Default Re: Registry Error

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Who mentioned media player? Not me.

Did you install the updates I pointed out or are you not really wanting to try to fix this?

I could send you 2 new .dll files but the problem will persist until you install all microsoft updates for your PC, and the ones mentioned above, which you will not get in windows update
    Sorry, I thought the realtek HD thing was a media player because i saw it had something to do with codecs. I did try the updates and nothing has improved. I'm willing to try any fix out there because this is an annoying glitch in my system.

Where can i find all the microsoft updates I have been slacking on installing?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I posted the ones you should install in my post with the MS links

I would also suggest for you to UNINSTALL RealMedia Player if you have it installed

If you want I can send you the replacement .dll files but they may not help until you install the proper updates

I've installed those updates and don't have realmedia player on my laptop, so could you try sending me those DLL's please?

Did you also install All other Microsoft Updates? If not please do so, here is the files but I am not sure they will help you. >>>
    TweakTown File replacement.zip

*NOTE* You WILL have to use the system file replacer I included. If and or when it ask s you to insert cd or keep files click yes and close both of the windows boxes that come up about files being replaced, not the replacer DOS box. Please read the readme.txt in it for full instructions.

You will also need to go into control panel then folder options then the View tabe and make some changes to see the files in the folder where these .dll's are located (Windows/system32) Do as shown in image >>>>

If they do not, you can do a Windows File Repair by running a command. You will need a XP install disk, and you will also have to Reinstall ALL Microsoft Updates afterwards, but that Is ALL it will effect. Here is the command, push Windows Key + R and type in this >>>

Code:
    sfc /scannow

Yes that is a space and is needed, use copy/paste

*EDIT*

I just noticed that image you posted says SHELL32.dll the windows file is shell32.dll cap is sensitive, so you may have a virus, if you do see a upper and lowercase shell32 in the system32 folder, delete the uppercase one as it is NOT a windows file and then go ahead with the file replacement anyway

I just finished replacing shell32.dll and rebooting my computer and all problems appear to be fixed. I could not find a SHELL32.dll in my folder, so i'm just assuming that had something to do with the specific error message.
    That little replacer seems to have done the trick as after typing in "shell32" and dragging the new file, everything seems to be back to good as new. Thank you very much for all your help!!!
    Last edited by wazzoo; 05-18-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Glad to see it helped!!!!

I wasnt sure if that would get it for you. Now as I just seen you asked above where to get windows updates at!! I think you for sure should go install all windows updates for Service Pack 2, which you should have installed

(Choose custom, not express that way you also see hardware updates as well) >>>
    Microsoft Windows Update

You can also just go in the tools menu in IE and choose windows updates

If you do need SP2 it is free and you can get it here >>>
    Windows XP Service Pack 2

Come to think of it, i definitely need to get updates. Whenever my laptop tried to update when it had bad files, it would fail to download the update. Good call.

**Edit**

Should i install/order SP3, or will SP2 be good enough?

Well yeah, sorry! I use vista, forgot SP3 was out of beta finally >>>
    Download details: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers

Or it should show up for you in windows updates if you already have service pack 1a or SP2 installed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information