Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: dual booting... and scanner problems

I'm having trouble with my scanner in xp, agfa snapscan e20. basically since i've upgraded to xp it doesn't work properly.. it turns all of the pictures a greenish colour... eventhough i upgraded the driver to the xp compliant one...

so if no one can help me fix that i guess i'll just have to dual boot with win98 se... so if i dual boot how do i boot from a disk so that i won't have to go through that selection screen everytime i turn on my pc... i heard someone mention that it could be done... i mean to boot 98 from a disk... thanks for the help... : peace:

If you want go to the website of the scanner and see if you can find an xp driver, search the xp cd for a driver, or use xp compability wizard to install it. if none of these work, which i'm sure 1 will, then setup bios to boot to cdrom, partition your hard drive into 2 partitions(use partition magic, it can be found at www.zdnet.com downloads) and boot to the 98 cd. install it in the d: drive(which would be the 2nd partition) make sure u do this, and set it up. i built my comp w/ 3 partitions and i put 98se, 2000 pro, and xp pro for that reason. if you have a back up program, i sugest u use if first, unless u know what ur doin. if ya have ne questuions, my e-mail is ilovenikilynn@msn.com aim: nick13618. reply so i know if a figured it all out.

Beefy Guest

Just a thing on dual booting. It works so much better when you start from the oldest operating system (Win 98) and then install them in order to the newest (Win XP). Otherwise there is a good chance that you'll hit problems and they won't set up properly.

thanks nicksdrums that was detailed... but what exactly do you mean by using windows compatability to install it... also i am already using the xp driver.. and beefy... that comment doesn't help me.. just makes me even more sad:cry:

Thread Information