Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New laptop HD, "bad_pool_header", crash!

Default New laptop HD, "bad_pool_header", crash!

Hi,

Just cloned the 30G drive from my Thinkpad T42 onto a Western Digital 160G. When I swapped the new drive in, all worked great for about 10 minutes, then the BSOD and "bad_pool_header". I've looked around and I really can't find any concrete ideas on how to fix it. I'm not an IT guy and this is really ^%#!#^&@ me off!

Helllllppppppp!

What can I do? All of the info I've seen is either lacking in detail, or makes no sense, or requires stuff from Microsoft on the developer side (which I'm not)

Thanks!

Default Re: New laptop HD, "bad_pool_header", crash!

You might want to contact IBM or do some Googling, but unless I'm remembering a different laptop the IBM Thinkpads require the serial number of the hard drive to match what is hard-wired into the system mainboard. This made hard drives for this model all but un-upgradeable. I believe they are also proprietary to the IBM model line.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: New laptop HD, "bad_pool_header", crash!

I've done the googling, plus spoke with the tech folks with the cloning kit (apricorn) and no one has mentioned any proprietary issues.

Thread Information