Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Whats going on?

Default Re: Help! Whats going on?

It happened again. Seems to happen after 3 hours of run time. It's seems to still running when it happens cuz it still is logging events, but no display and seems not to respond to keyboard or mouse input.

I am slowly taking hardware out of my computer. First it was the old hdd and now I just pulled a sounds card since I have an on-board card.

Item Value
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
    Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name TITUSCICERO-PC
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model P35C-DS3R
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F4, 9/7/2007
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
    User Name TitusCicero-PC\TitusCicero
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 0.99 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 8.21 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 6.12 GB
    Page File Space 4.29 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

XFX GT 8800 PCI Express video card
    3 IDE HDD's
    Promise TX 133 ide controler.
    CDROM DVD writer
    generic 500w power supply.
    Last edited by TitusCicero; 04-26-2008 at 12:52 AM.

Holly cow!!! Your running a lot of stuff with that PSU and a rather hefty video card on top of that. I'd say your suspicion is probably a good one. Lots of things can cause system restarts (If thats whats happening on occasion) but I'm guessing your parts are too much for a generic 500 watt PSU to handle. Is the PSU by chance one that came with a case? They tend to be real cheapies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
    Holly cow!!! Your running a lot of stuff with that PSU and a rather hefty video card on top of that. I'd say your suspicion is probably a good one. Lots of things can cause system restarts (If thats whats happening on occasion) but I'm guessing your parts are too much for a generic 500 watt PSU to handle. Is the PSU by chance one that came with a case? They tend to be real cheapies.....
    Na, bought it from newegg.com for like $45...so yea, it's a cheapy. It has cool lights though! :) I think I may of solved the problem. (Titus cross' fingers.) I noticed the PunkBuster service was starting up before crash's so I uninstalled that. Virus software had some error after checkpoint restore so I uninstalled that. Removed useless sound card (prob what did the trick.) Turned a display powersaver on Vistax64. All this and the computer has not "blacked out" in 8 hours! Yee haaaa

Yea, deffinetly a power suply prob. It happened again but after like 9 hours this time. Then I played a game (i think it was rainbow six vegas 2) bumped up to 1600x1200 or somethiung with full everything and thing "balcked out on me.) I had four fans in the machine and I removed two and thus far I had no problems.

I have to get a new power supply. :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information