Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media center to XP Pro

Default Re: Media center to XP Pro

I installed the office sp3 update via the link you gave me, seemed to work ok but asked for the installation disk because it was missing a file somehow but finished the install, now I went back to Microsoft updates and its just not installing any of them, the list of updates are

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
    Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 and 11 (KB941569)
    Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB950380)
    Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)

It begins to initialize then quickly fails all installations, it doesn't even show these failed in the update history either though. I guess I could go and install them individually but if this isn't working properly what else might it effect that I don't know about yet, ya know. Any Ideas??

Thanks again for your help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well you could likely go UNINSTALL the .net framework updates, then reinstall them one by one in order. I have seen this error sometimes with .net framework who knows why but MS updates trys to install them in the wrong order and it often fails

The others likely fail because they are no longer needed or updated by other updates included in SP3 and just happen to show up because you never installed them prior to SP3

Alright if you don't think that its anything potentially more serious then thats what I'll do. Again thanks for the help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I would try to install the .net the way I said above, and not worry about the rest of the office ones.

When you go to MS update site, do you choose custom?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information