Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Delete obsolete Startup programs

Unhappy Delete obsolete Startup programs

These programs have been uninstalled, yet they are still in (Msconfig) Startup. How do I delete them for good?

ccApp (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared)

cfgwiz (C:\Program Files\Norton System Works\cfgwiz.exe)

UsrPrmpt (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe)

Skype (C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe/no splash/)

Adobe Update Manager (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe)
    Adobe Reader Speed Launch (C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ACROBA~2.0\Reader\READER~1.exe)

All of the above are listed as in Location: Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run
    When I go into regedit to see if they are there - none of them are.
    So how do I go about deleting from Startup (msconfig) all those already uninstalled programs? and where else may they be in the registry?
    Thank you for any suggestions.
    Also in Startup is listed: ctfmon (C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe)
    I noted in Mlin startup list that this could be a variant of a trojan - so I unchecked it in Startup, but when I rebooted it had added another 'ctfmon' as a checked startup item - so now there are 2 ctfmon listed with one unchecked and one checked by default. How safe is this item at startup, and how can I tell if it is a genuine startup program?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Delete obsolete Startup programs

Use this app and either uncheck them or delete them >>>
    http://www.mlin.net/files/StartupCPL.zip

When you install the icon to start it will be in control panel menu, called startup.

Cftmon is also a common MS service that is likely all yours is as well, it is part of the language bar and language services. If you do not use these go into control panel (Classic View) and then click on Regional And language Options, then click on the Language tab (Second one) then Details in that section. Then click on the second tab in the details window Advanced and Check the bottom box (Turn Off all advanced Text Services). Apply, Ok, Then Apply, and Ok again.

As for you seeing two of those services it could just be the same one, is it showing you a different file location for each? If so, where is the other one located? The system32 one is a MS file and is fine to run or stop from running at startup which I always do As I only use one language on my system

You may also want to/SHOULD run Norton Uninstall tools to better clean that junk out of your registry norton crap leaves behind >>>
    Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

Also you may or may not find all that you are looking to stop from running with startupcpl, the rest you will likely find with Windows Defender, in the tools, software explorer there is a startup manager as well

Default Re: Delete obsolete Startup programs

FOR CTFMON.EXE CHECK THIS LINK MAY IT HELPS YOU

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f34/how-...mon-exe-28676/

Thread Information