Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Minor XP folders problem

I have a small problem with the way I browse my folders in Windows XP. I have made a shortcut to my C: but when i open the shortcut i want it to show all the folders to the left of the window. as it is now I only get the folders to the right, and some other useless information to the left (available space etc). so I have to press the "folders" button to get to see all the folders in hierarchial (misspelling I suppose) order to the left. Is there some way that i can make the folders show without having to press the "folders" button every time?
    thanks in advance

Once you get the open folder looking just right, open up the Folder Options menu and tell it to make all folders look like this. It will be a button toward the top of the VIEW tab. Also scroll down that list of options and make sure that you tell Explorer to save your settings when you close it out.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I should probably have mentioned that I have tried doing that (making every folder look like ~this) many a times to no effect. Any suggestions why this doesn't work for me?

Also scroll down that list of options and make sure that you tell Explorer to save your settings when you close it out.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Been there, done that. But to no avail.

Easiest way will probably be to right click your shortcut and click on explore. That'll give you folder list on the left and detail list on the right.
    My Box:
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4C @ 2.7
    DFI 875P Lanparty
    512Mb Geil PC3500 Dual Channel (Cas 2-6-3-3 @450MHz DDR)
    Leadtek A280 Geforce4 4200 MyVIVO
    Audigy DE
    1 x 73Gb Seagate fibre channel 10krpm (boot drive) with LSI HBA
    1x80Gig Seagate Barracuda ATA V
    1x120Gig Western Digital 8mb cache
    Spiffy Antec Super Lanboy (LED fan and UV light)

I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly, but do you mean like this?:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e, /root, c:\

Or you can use this:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e, /root,

(if you want to also include the Desktop and My computer)

If you don't understand what I mean by the above, then what you have to do is create a new Shortcut and paste one of the above lines of bold text into the 'Target' box on the shortcut's Properties page (make sure the 'Start in' box is empty).

Be sure to paste the text exactly as written, otherwise it will not work. Obviously you will need to change the path to your Windows folder if it is located elsewhere other than C:\Windows.

oomingmak

Beefy Guest

You don't actually need to put in the C:\Windows\ either.. but a nice tip there.. :thumb:

i was going to say u mean:
    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, C:\

if ever u need things like this: www.regedit.com <-- great plate to find that stuff
    :thumb:
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Quote Originally Posted by sKuLLsHoT
    i was going to say u mean:
    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, C:\

if ever u need things like this: www.regedit.com <-- great plate to find that stuff
    :thumb:
    I'm gonna have to agree with skullshot - regedit is a good site

Thread Information