Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Upgrade to Vista Ultimate

Default Upgrade to Vista Ultimate

I want to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. Dont ask me why. Maybe I a just stupid. However I upgraded on one of my computers and a laptop.but when I tried to upgrade on the computer that I use the most I get the message."Windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code DX 80070241. I even stopped all startup programs but that didnt help. Need help on this one.

MY MoBo is Soyo P4X400. I have a Maxtor 500GB hard drive with plenty of room left one it.
    Have 3GB ram installed.

Help please:

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Upgrade to Vista Ultimate

You must boot from the CD, are you donig that or trying to run it from within windows?

You will also have to do a clean install unless you have a "Upgrade" Disk

Are you using the same disk you used before? Just checking to be sure the disk is ok.

You may need to copy the files to your HD and install that way, or Mount the ISO as a image. Here is some info on how to copy the files to your HD and install from there >>>
    Error 80070241 Solution : Windows Vista Setup : Windows Vista IT Pro : Microsoft TechNet Forums

Thread Information