Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Disable cd spin-up when opening "my computer"?

I have a few CD drives that almost always have discs in them. Is there a way to disable them spinning up when I open up either my computer? It gets rather annoying that everytime I open up explorer, it has to spin up all the drives. I'm assuming that there would be a reg tweak or something that would take care of this. Thanks in advance.

Simple answer here... remove the disks before you close the PC down at the end of the day. When your PC starts a fresh bootup it will merely initialise them (the light will flash) and the bootup process will continue.

Yes that's a sign of laziness not to mention shortenin' the life of the drives themselves.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Gee Wizzo, thanks for the pseudo insult there. I didn't expect to get sort of flamed from a moderator. But since you're worried about burning out your drive, you can spare it by doing the following...

Delete the Reg Keys under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Remote
    Computer\NameSpace

No more spin up at all when opening up my computer.

Soz it wasn't meant as a flame but ppl in this household are always doin' this and it's annoyin'. : peace2:

Wiggo... when you type the word doin' you put an apostrophe at the end of the word... how come you don't take the same amount of time to type a 'g' instead? (I'll cop it for this one i just know it)(lol).

Isn't bmoney13 a bit thin skinned though... if he is brainy enough to post a registry tweak why did he ask the question in the first place?

Regards...

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    Ewen[/size]]
    Wiggo... when you type the word doin' you put an apostrophe at the end of the word... how come you don't take the same amount of time to type a 'g' instead? (I'll cop it for this one i just know it)(lol).
    Would ya believe that the ' is easier to get to than the g? :?:

Hah! A three finger no pinky typist... that accounts for it.

Yeah somethin' like that, maybe if I had fingers. :D

Thread Information