Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Please help to solve crash on my PC

Unhappy Please help to solve crash on my PC

Hello,
    I have problem about upgrading my windows XP SP3 to SP3 (refreshing). There was some problem on my PC and i thought that if i will upgrade my windows it can be solve, so i run windows cd on windows and choice ´upgrade window´, entered serial key on CD and installation started and PC rebooted, then on the next step of installation appeared error message (35min). Error message is about can`t find some drivers like modem, AGP... on the folder document and settings/administrator/ .../temp . I have manually searched for drivers from mb, graphic card cds but i can find them. I think this upgrade can`t be finished.
    How can i get back my half working previous PC? Or is there any way to continue this upgrading?

My hardware works normally.

Thanks
    <!-- / message --><!-- controls -->

Default Re: Please help to solve crash on my PC

WinXP does not contain most newer drivers since the operating system is far older than the components. The only one you really need is the network adapter driver. This should come with the motherboard driver disk (if it is onboard) or in the box with the network card (if it is a peripheral add-on). Once the network is installed you can go to either Windows Update or the manufacturer's website(s) of the components you need drivers for.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yes, your right, its asks for HXSetup (Dial-up driver) and AGP driver during installation. When installation asks these drivers i press cancel button and after 2-3 minutes systems reboots.
    Can i just delete setup files and use my old Windows?
    I have access to all local discs through flash disc operating system. I can modify and delete files which stored to HDD.

Thanks for attention
    Last edited by trecords; 04-14-2009 at 02:34 PM.

I have manually added modem driver to requested path but windows but no good results :(
    Please, someone help me, is there anyone knows how to delete setup files and get back old windows?
    I installed second windows and can modify and delete old windows files.

Please help me,
    Thank you.

Thread Information