Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HELP!!! activating windows.....

ok i have a copy of windows lets just say, its an earlier version on cd....... it completly works fine, but it tell me i have to activate it, which is cool but i dont know how, and for some reason it wont open even when i go to Start/run and type "oobe/msoobe /a" which it tells me too do if i cant find it in Start/system tools or whatever.... if i dont activate it i have to get rid of it in 30 days....

can anyone help? is there a way around it.... like a registry thing....or how do i acces the activate program!, haha help!!!!!

Ring your local M$ office up then. ;)

ah come on man!
    im serious! 9000 posts, dude help

I have the non activation version (Ya pay for that) so I've never been thru it though it's spose to just work via the internet but when that doesn't work a call to M$ will usually get ya on your way. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

thank you kind sir
    ill do that tommarow lol
    but sersiously thanks, sweet beer chuggin emoticons lol

Not a problem but I'm just sorry not to be able to give ya a better answer but with the hardware swappin' I do a version that has to be activated would be a real pain in the butt for me. But ya never know and someone else who has had this prob may come along with a better solution before then. :thumb:
    <center> </center>

I too have an open license version so there is no activation required. But the normal versions can be activated online. If this is a problem, then a phone call to Microsoft will get you an activation code also. They actually figured out that everyone who has a computer doesn't access the web.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information