Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Wiggo, WindowsXP likes to sux0r me blue style, Need help

Heres my specs first
    Abit KR7A-133R
    2x IBM 41GB Deskstar in RAID-0
    ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 32MB DDR (Also trying Radeon VE 32M DDR, Same chip, Same ram... No difference besides TV tuner)
    3Com 905b txnm NIC
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Sony 16x DVD
    Sony Floppy
    300W Somthing PSU, might be little over 300W

Anywho, Seems to be only while playing a sound, War3, 3dmark2001SE, and MP3s have all done it so far...
    Randomly I'll get blue screens where the sound will skip till I restart

Most of the time its IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (That one has been plagueing me for a while) Sometimes it doesn't say anything understandable at all.

What the hell can I do to make this thing more stable
    I'm runnin all the newest drivers I can think of, even the via 4in1 4.40a

Please oh please for the love of god, point me somewhere to at least try out. I can't take this no more :) I play EQ all the time and random crashes... can be very life threatening in that game.

I forgot...
    Athon XP 1800+ Palamino
    2x 256M Micron PC2100

I don't think its anything really physically hardware related.
    I think its something in windows or a BIOS thing that I'm missing.
    Oh yah, While browsing the web, or just doin Windows stuff... where theres no sound... It'll run solid all damn day.

There'd be something more to that error code but I have the feeling that it has to do with your soundcard drivers. I think that there was something mentioned somewhere about that card and XP somewhere so I'll see if I can find what it was. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

More info can be found here to more pin point the prob but I'll keep lookin' for that other. ;)
    Though I'm far from an expert with XP. Too much bloat for my liking. :(

Thanks a lot so far.
    I'll keep looking into this sound card.
    I've seen this before, with other cards... Its done it to me with a CMI8738, but not with a SB Live! (Go Figure)
    So I think your right with it being sound card driver related.

Please let me know if you come across anything, if it errors me again I'll write it down in depth so maybe you can figure out exactly what it is. In the meantime I'll look into any driver issues with my setup and XP

Thanks again

Well, I'm running the machine currently rock solid in everything
    Thing is... No RAID array
    I remember I had problems like this before with an old BP6 while using the HighPoint UDMA/66 Controller.
    This board also has a HighPoint RAID chip so I'm thinking that HighPoint sucks or something. Unless I can find a good driver.
    Well anyhow if you can think of anything regarding the RAID controller please let me know.
    Thanks for all your help.

The RAID maybe the prob but I can't help you there as I've never dealt with them yet. :smokin:

Maybe take a look at those IRQ's and see if anything is sharing with the sound?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

down the bottom of the BSOD there will be a file. Post the name of the file and we shoudl be able to help you some more.

Usually if you upgrade every driver you possibly can it'll go away, but you said youve already done that so maybe even the latest drivers for something still dont work all that well...anyways, post the file and we should be able to get a lil further :)
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Thread Information