Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Blue Screen's help

Default Blue Screen's help

So this are some of the blue screen codes that i get (there were others... :P )
    0x1000009c MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    0x1000007A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
    0x1000007F
    I just wanted to write a dvd and when it started spining ... BAM blue screen 0x100000F4

This started kinda after i purchased my new video card and memory
    Now , I only get these blue screen after my comp has been on a long time and 90% of the times in games

Memory
    I tested my memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic 2 times and it turned out ok ....

Hard drives
    I tested my 2 hard drives 1 turned out ok (the older Maxtor) , the other(WDC) had bad sectors when i did the extended test ,the quick test turned out ok ...

Also sometimes the hard drive (i think it is the hard dive ,don't know anything else that i can hear shut down )shuts down for 1 sec and restarts again , followed (after a few min) by a blue screen ,sometimes no blue screen will appear , but i'm not sure its the hard drive . I have to say that first this didn't happen , there were only blue screens .

Video Card
    There is something else i think it might be , i don't know if my power source is powerful enough (what i read about the video card it isn't enough ... ), sometimes when i turn the computer on there is no image on the screen just an a image flashing from time to time ,so i have to restart ,

Virus
    I rad some antivirus tests with Nod32 and Kaspersky but not on all partitions mainly on the one where windows was turned out ok ,i reinstalled windows also ...

Temperatures are ok ...

6.dunno if this helps this is when i alt -tabed out of a game

Also it seems that the thing were something shuts down and restarts again happens if i run more programs and push my comp

So if someone could help me pls i would appreciate it , thx in advance

Default Re: Blue Screen's help

Lots of things come to mind. What videocard did you have before? What do you have now? Have you uninstalled the video drivers and installed the latest availible drivers?

You may want to test the RAM with memtest 86+ instead of the Windows Diagnostic program as it does a better job. If you have bad hard drive sectors that certainly isn't going to help the situation .... especially if they are on the operating system hard drive!

You mention a weak power supply. How weak? The Power specs shown on the image you posted are not all that bad but may drop under load.

A full list of your system specs may be helpfull. What mobo, ram, videocard, PSU, etc are you using?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    Lots of things come to mind. What videocard did you have before? What do you have now? Have you uninstalled the video drivers and installed the latest availible drivers?

You may want to test the RAM with memtest 86+ instead of the Windows Diagnostic program as it does a better job. If you have bad hard drive sectors that certainly isn't going to help the situation .... especially if they are on the operating system hard drive!

You mention a weak power supply. How weak? The Power specs shown on the image you posted are not all that bad but may drop under load.

A full list of your system specs may be helpfull. What mobo, ram, videocard, PSU, etc are you using?

System
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ ,1800 mhz
    video card:NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    3 memory : all kingmax , 1 is 1gb the other 2 are 256 ^_^
    2 hard drives : 1 maxtor 40 gb ^_^ and WDC 200 and something
    Power source is 420-450 i think , don't think its true power ...

Before i had a geForce 5700 ,and i have uninstalled the video driver and have the latest

The bad hard drive sectors are on the operating system's hard drive

I will try to test my ram with memtest86+

Tested my RAM with memtest 86+ and passed the test no errors

NOTE: when i inserted the cd to write memtest and it started spining blues screen appeared with 0x100000F4 ...

Bluescreens on NT-based Windows systems are usually caused by poorly-written device drivers or malfunctioning hardware. In the Win9x era, incompatible DLLs or bugs in the kernel of the operating system could also cause bluescreens. They can also be caused by physical faults such as faulty memory, power supplies, overheating of computer components, or hardware running beyond its specification limits.
    Here is the best sulotion.
    Optimize PC - Clean registry | Repair Blue Screens | Repair DLL/MSI Errors

Thread Information