Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Win-7 32bit & 64bit for RAM Problem

Default Win-7 32bit & 64bit for RAM Problem

Hello friends,
    I want to ask about 32bit 64bit windows-7
    I have c2q Q6600 on asus p5q and Iím using creative audigy sound card and xfx 8800gt and RAM is 4GB
    Above hardware is running with windows-7 32bit and problem is that I can use only 3GB of my 4GB RAM
    So I am planning to install 64bit windows-7 and later (when officially win-7 release) I will buy 64bit win-7 so that I can use full 4GB RAM
    but I want to know about my system and sound card + display card -- are these card with work on win-7 64bit without any problem
    2nd thing is about software running on my 32bit OS e.g. acdsee divx and other normal gaming + multimedia tools - is there any problem running these tools/app on win-7 64bit
    Please help me since it will be my first time that I am going to use/install any 64bit OS
    Thanks and sure I will get full support as usual

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Win-7 32bit & 64bit for RAM Problem

Yes, you will be fine. Have you already tried the Windows 7 that is out now, if not you can try it out to be sure but I do believe all of that will be fine

Here is the download page if you want to setup a dual boot, or install Windows 7 on a separate disk to try it all out >>
    Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program

thnx for all ur help.
    i have downloaded x64bit win-7 from microsoft and will be installing it today
    thnx

So, how did the install go?

Just checking in with you, hope all is well!

hi, do anyone know that " FALLOUT 3 " cannot play in window 7 RC? I tried for a long time but until today still cannot play it.

That would be best asked the Gaming section, would you like me to move your post there? Just wondering as I don't game I can't help you, but someone might look in that forum and be able to answer you.

Did you try XP or Vista Mode? Have you looked at the games site? Maybe they have a forum where this has been discussed or solved?

I have tried but the 2 window can play only win7 cannot play, I m about to change to win7 once it release on 22nd OCT but it come out with this knid of thing.

That is unclear to me what you are saying or asking in the first part of your sentence

Thread Information