Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heh another little thing

Stand By or hibernation not an option? Its greyed out I can't click it? Its just another one of those little things that are so bothersome......What to do? I don't use hybernate I'm just saying its greyed out.......and on the power options in the control panel the stand by area has been removed as well as the hybernate tab

Are the advanced power functions enabled within BIOS? WinXP does a fair job of trying not to play havoc with the settings you choose in the BIOS.

Just a thought. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yup BIOS is fine its just today it decided to have StandBy and Hibernation not available anymore.......In fact here is what I did......I have a program called virtual cd and today it decided to give me error messages such as illegal actions detected virtual cd 4 will now stop operating......something to the extent of that...so I uninstalled it then reinstalled still didn't workI uninstalled it again and reinstalled it and still did'nt work so finally I uninstalled it and then went in the registry where I removed EVERYTHING virtual cd related then rebooted and reinstalled and it still didn't work!!!!!! so I uninstalled it for the last time and when I went to reboot I noticed the standby button was greyed out.....what to do what to do

ReSpAwN DeMoN - Are you still having trouble with stand by in XP?

well..........not since I formatted :laugh:

:cool: That's too easy of a fix! :cool: Your'e supposed to sweat blood for a while.

el oh el......I know I did for several weeks! I hate when I have problems on my computer. Then after I I couldn't find after massive searching in the registry and asking friends I came here. It all came down to a nice fresh load of windows. Besides the installation was over 4 months old anyway.

:cool: What do you average between reformats? :confused:

How do I average between formats? What I think you ment by that was how often I format. I format every like 3-4-5 months. I guess just to stay nice and tidy.

Does that have any negative effect over time on the HD?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information