Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NTFS Drives

Unless you're dual booting with a non-NT OS (win9x,3.x, Unixes) go with NTFS. It provides better protection.

Example: we've all had the power go down on us during a storm, right? Usually, NTFS doesn't need to be checked afterwards. Why? It's the way NTFS was designed, with a higher fault-tolerance. FAT32 will almost always be checked in the even of recovery after power failure.

Oh, BTW, if it's across a network, it doesn't have any effect--or at least shouldn't have one.

i suggest you google "NTFS" and windows NT security and advanced sharing then come back and share your little so called "gems"* of wisdom Morgan lander...

*gems are synonymous with little peices of ****
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information