Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: WinXP Tweaking Guides

Cool thanks I was wondering about that
    Reason i asked is i thought i saw a tweak or two out of your guide in a different guide and that person said before hand that all values are DWORDS and all in decimal so i was confused
    i know a 1 in decimal has an actual value of 1 while in hex 1 translates to 16 in decimal so i wanted to make sure

Thanks PersianImmortal. That guide is well worded and easy to follow. I myself applied eight or nine tweaks just twenty minutes ago and love the increased performance. WELL DONE INDEED!

I'm wondering when my favorite guide writer is going to write a guide on how to manually assign IRQ's/resources
    *wishful thinking* :cheers:

I'll be honest with you...IRQs seem to be a bit of a hit-and-miss affair. It really is just a matter of physically shifting the stuff that you can (typically the PCI cards) and disabling as many devices in the BIOS that you don't use and then hoping the system chooses to reassign them.

You might be happy to know I am writing a 2nd WinXP Tweak Guide due out in the next couple of weeks, concentrating on common fixes, visual tweaks and enhancements (all the performance stuff is in the first one). Maybe I'll put more details on IRQs in there, if I can find a foolproof way of reassigning IRQs :)

If ya can do that then ya deserve a medal. :thumb:

I find it easier to study the mobo manual before assembly as to find where the shares are to start with and then fit the cards accordingly so software doesn't have a hard time to start with. ;)

<center> </center>

Well good luck to you on finding a fool proof way to reasign irq's :cheers:

I've tried everything in your guides and a few ideas i didnt and i still have two machines with many devices sharing the same irq
    one has like 8 on one the other like 5 or so and there mostly the major devices i.e. NIC card, sound, video

Okay here is my problem,I have WinXP Installed and i want to re-format. I have 2 hard Drives, but when i try to re-format my main Drive it keeps saying that, it cannot be done cause of important files being used. I'M stuck right there heh, ive tried different ways myself. Also was wondering how I can go back to FAT32 From NTFS. soo.... can you help me I have been wanting to re-format for long long long time, and it wont let me.

One thing I forgot about, when I reinstalled widows XP, it seems there is something taking up a big chunck of my hard drive. I uninstalled everything and so on before i re-installed XP. I have a 90GB HD and when i installed XP again it said available memory is 18.5GB and used memorey was 61.5. I do know XP is not that huge hehe and i almost killed my computer. Do you know how i can fix this?

that is all I have to say and thank you if you can help me.

:flames:

yeah im usin Pro edition not Home.

You have to boot up from the XP CD and choose to reformat from there. If you boot up from either of your hard drives, the system may be using information from one or both the drives and hence can't reformat it.

Once you've reformatted the drive use my XP Guide and then come back. Everything should be fine.

well i got my thing to reformat, i found my own way around. 8)

all i did was re-boot, go to bios, set boot to CD drive only, it loaded up windows XP cd, went to the system recovery thing, let system recovery do its thing, and then when it stopped i just typed letter of my Hard drive i wanted to re-format and then when the Drive letter was on screen i just type format and the letter of my drive and it seemed to do it all.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information