Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Reinstalling Vista problems

Default Reinstalling Vista problems

Ok, this is what happened from the beginning.

So, I started my computer this morning only to realize that I probably had a very bad virus. Basically my computer crashed every time I turned it on, and there was no way for me to do a system restore. I decided at that point to reinstall Vista and just start from scratch after a couple hours of frustration.

So, I tried to install it the first time, and it didn't work. After getting most of the way done, my computer froze. I tried again, same problem. So I called microsoft and did a check disc and repair or whatever, which took a really long time and when it was done, I was told to try to reinstall vista again.

Well, that didn't work either. I've gotten three BSOD errors: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, BAD_POOL_HEADER, and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Now, my computer is totally down. I can't even start windows. If I start it up, it just says something about BOOTMSG isn't working.

Basically my computer is a total shell and I don't know where to go from here. I've been trying to read in forums, but I'm not good with computers and I just feel like this is way over my head. Now someone's telling me my hard drive might be bad, and I just don't know, how would I know that?

Does anyone know what what I should do from here?

Default Re: Reinstalling Vista problems

Oh, my computer is a Gateway DX4200-UB101A

Video: ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Memory: 6 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel
    Processor: AMD Phenom 8400 Triple-COre
    Hard Drive: 500 GB

^ I don't know what any of this means, I'm just copying it from the side of the computer

Thread Information