Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 32 bit v 64 bit

Default 32 bit v 64 bit

Hey all, I recently started to do video editing/encoding or maybe not starting been doing it for about a year but I'm not an advanced pro yet.

I used to use 32 bit XP for my work.

I had one Vista 64 bit box that fried and died on me. I'm building a new system or waiting for my i7-975 to get here sometime today the online tracker shows, hopefully lol.

Quite a few of the applications I use are 32 bit since when I used Vista 64 it showed *32 bit in TM. I was wondering if I should go 64 bit or 32 bit route? Will the 32 bit apps being I assume emulated in 64 bit Windows work relatively as well as they would in a native 32 bit Windows environment or should I install the 32 bit version of Windows instead?

Any help would be much appreciated

Later
    Last edited by DeathViperX; 10-29-2009 at 05:55 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 32 bit v 64 bit

Install x64, it is so much better on many fronts! And all your 32bit apps will run just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Install x64, it is so much better on many fronts! And all your 32bit apps will run just fine
    Thanks, will do.

Got everything else, gotta wait for my CPU to get here lol, if it actually comes today like it supposedly will then I can build it today.

I was told to use 32 by some cause I'd have to search and search for 64 bit versions for everything drivers included, I think he may be thinking of the days of XP 64 which was hugely unused by the mass users and not well supported. Vista 64 was pretty highly used it seems so 7 x64 should be fine but again just curious to make sure, better safe than sorry I guess lol.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Good luck on the build!!

You do not have to search and search for anything for x64, if there are specific x64 drivers for programs they will be presented on the same page as the 32bit drivers. Same applies with program versions.

The users who tell you that are just not up to date, and obviously have not personally used a x64 system

x64 Vista or x64 Windows 7 you will have no issues with

Thread Information