Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Hidden Tooltips

I personally like my start menu on top of everything. Basically so I can see it at all times. However, sometimes when I bring my mouse down to the clock or something where it will show me a tool tip. The tip will pop up behind the start menu. This only happens sometimes. Not frequently yet not rarely. Is this a bug in XP cause it didn't happen in 2000, and from my understanding XP and 2000 are the same OS just with some newer features built in.

'tis a bug with XP.

Various ways to fix it, most of which dont work for me. Logging out and back in however, seems to do the trick.
    Youll need fast user switching services installed & running.

ok, do you think microsoft will ever catch on and release an update or build in the service pack? How did they develop this problem in xp but not 2k?

Its a bug with the LUNA interface. Seeing as only XP uses LUNA, XP only has the bug.
    Dunno if its fixed or not in sp1 or theres a hotfix for it. It doesnt really affect/annoy me anymore...
    Try a MSKB lookup.

ok, I can deal with it I'm just saying its annoying when I don't know the date and I go to hover over teh clock the tool tip is hidden. That pisses me off sometimes.

Thread Information