Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sp1

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    legit XP install?

EDIT: Looks like MS have pulled the download already. I guess people weren't supposed to know yet.
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=350&dPage=1
    > By now many of you would have discovered that Microsoft’s first Service Pack for Windows XP is among us, whether Microsoft like it or not.
    > Recently a press release was issued by the software giant saying the Service Pack would be released on the 9th of September to end-users but as it happens, it was leaked before this date by beta testers and folks in the know – what a surprise.

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=350&dPage=3
    > Let’s Get Started - Continued

> Step 3 - Now that you have downloaded the Serial Key Changer and Viewer from our servers we are ready to go ahead and change your serial key.
    > If you are using a pirated version of Windows XP Corporate Edition chances are you are using the same serial key which the majority of other people use, and it won’t work when go you to install the update. > The Serial Key Changer program will give you a list of serial keys which will work when updating. Open the Serial Key Changer by running “XPProCorp-keyChanger.exe”; it will bring up a new window with a DOS based program as pictured below.

> XP SP1 Updating - Page 5 [Conclusion]

> Conclusion

> OK folks, so we didn’t exactly do it the legit way but as we said in the introduction, if you were already running an illegal copy of Windows what further harm could really be done.
    > By now you should be basking in the glory of the latest Service Pack for Windows XP, at least all the latest bug fixes and security updates.

Gregzeng I have no idea why you've quoted bits out of that guide...was there a point?

Ruff97- here's another working mirror (at time of writing this): http://gemini.ektf.hu/~domby/xpsp1.exe

just ran the service pack install and it worked perfectly. Thanx for the guide Cameron.
    I don't know what key I had but I used the serial key changer anyway. I will proudly say that I have never bought an MS operating system. Right now I am using Mandrake Linux. The only reason I have XP is to play games and as I am a computer technician I need to learn the latest MS operating system in order to fix other peoples windows.

hey PersianImmortal thx

and this is the Official WinXP SP1 thne was on MS web site right
    EPoX "EP-9NPA+ Ultra"
    AMD 64 X2 4400 at 2.5(10x250) volt 1.4
    OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC4000
    Evga 7900GTO 680/750
    Thermaltake Purepower 560W

Installed with no problems.

the question is, how long will this last?

I mean who knows what kind of things microsoft added to SP1.

Pehaps this is the old hook, line and sinker. It would be within Microsofts rights. All the pirates install SP1 feeling safe and then microsoft nukes every single randomly generated key all at once.

I mean c'mon, do you honestly think microsoft didnt keep track of the keys? like they went and printed millions of yellow stickers and didnt keep a database?

My guess is that SP1 will allow microsoft to nuke all but the keys in they're database similar to how the sattelite companies nuke the cheater cards before major events.

For those of us with legitimate software, this is not a problem unless it causes other unrelated problems.

Quote Originally Posted by drpeterbright
    For those of us with legitimate software, this is not a problem unless it causes other unrelated problems.
    my point exactly, but thats not exactly the point of tweaktowns latest article.

If I were running an illegal copy, I'd be wary of upgrading to SP1 for a while, especially on your main system.

Ya and then the people with cheater cards find out they can put a 486 between the antenna and the receiver and their cards can't be zapped.
    for every workaround there is a workaround.
    Nobody with legitimate software will be satisfied that their system got zapped cause MS was trying to stop 'pirates'.
    for now I'm happy to have SP1 installed safely even before it was released by MS

Here is another link which seems fairly fast!

http://www.bagpipes.net/files/xp-uti...1106_Final.exe
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information