Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ref SP1 Installation - Key Generator

Quote Originally Posted by eranros
    I guess the program doesn't work. It takes 30 sec to do it yourself:
    1. Run regedit and go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu rrent Version\WPAEvents, on the right double click on "oobetimer" and change at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows.

2. Choose run from start menu and type in this command: %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a to get the activation screen and go to the second option which is activate by phone.

3. In the new screen choose the option to change product key, and type in the new product key (your Corporate one only).

3a. If it brings you back to the prior screen after entering the new key click remind me later and then reboot.

4. Close that window, reboot your system and enter the command in step 2 for the second time to verify your activation , you should see "windows is already activated".

4.1 Now install SP1
    It doesn't matter if I do it manually or automated. Before downloading the program, had tried the manual steps a day or two before hand, it failed then, and still fails now.

Is it possible to just use something like X-Setup to change the Product ID, if so, then could I just use someone's valid product ID?

When I start the key changer prog and hit a key to generate numbers it's fine but when I hit a key to continue, in the DOS box it says "regedit is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Under that is the rest of the text instructions from MR Dude as it's supposed to be but then the activation screen pops up and says Windows is already activated.

*I can open regedit from "Run"*
    The update installed fine on my P3, it's my P4 that's giving me headaches

"1. Run regedit and go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu
    rrent Version\WPAEvents, on the right double click on "oobetimer" and change at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows."

The above does not work for me because the change to the registry does not stick, for reasons I'm unsure of.

When the activation screen pops up, it's blank.

The above mentioned is my problem.

Any ideas???

Any help/advice is welcomed, and thanks kindly in advance.

Hobbes

when you edit the oobetimer put the cursor on a number in the middle, hit back space, type just one number and it will fill it with a 2 digit hexadecimal number, and close it. Maybe you're putting invalid numbers. I got it to work. My only probem was putting in a bad CD key when asked for it during activation update (must be my failing eye sight, I read the key numbers wrong the first time and didn't realize it)

Well, I don't get the activation screen either.
    I think the problem is that activation is completely removed from the version of WinXP that I am using.
    (I have never seen the activation screen, when I installed WinXP)
    Doing a little search got me to this page:

http://www.govital.net/~soz/changekey.htm

But that just doesn't work for me.
    When I browse into that key, the value is "ff ff ff ff ff ff".
    Changing that value does not let me start msoobe.exe
    I'm just hoping that there is another way of chaning the key without going through reactivation.

Anyone out there changed the default Services that run with XP? I know I have, is this a problem? I may have also added an XP activation crack, ie replaced files, but I reckon I reformatted since then.... (It was a XP Home, or Pro without a corporate key crack)

Edit:

I have also noticed the version number I have on MSOOBE.EXE is 5.1.2600.0 - the 0 usually means a pre-release version. I have the same problems with OfficeXP due to the .0 end, instead of a .1 version number....
    Anyone able to look at the version of theirs, if it is .1, then perhaps this is the problem...

Hi,

May be your registrationWizardControl is disable. In this case, you can't obtain the registration windows.

You can enable this with XP-Antispy for example, and after, all the tools works perfectely:
    http://www.xp-antispy.de/

BTW, is anyone see the French version of XP SP1 ?

_Duch_Mu_

Good Call Mate, I owe ya a beer!!!

It worked!!

Very smart Duch_Mu !!

I've been looking for one week to solve this msoobe problem and never thought about xp-antispy...

you defenitly deserve a statue!!

:kay:

In my registry at the wpaevents the value is:

ff ff ff ff ff ff

what does that mean?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information