Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows XP error messages at startup

Just upgraded my Windows 98SE to XP PRO. Everything went fine but after loading the nvidia 30.82 drivers for XP I got two error messages at startup. One message says that windows canít locate ThunkConnect32 at KERNELL32.DLL library. The other one says that itís not possible to load C:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll.

I tried the new 40.41 nvidia drivers but nothing changed.

The computer is working fine, but having both messages every time I start my computer is annoying. Can anyone give me a little help here?

Thanks in advance

Hardware (donít laugh) :)
    Abit BH6 with last bios
    P3 700
    PixelView GF2 MX 32Mb
    SB PCI 128

These are probably driver elements required by win98, but not xp. They were loaded by the registry. When you upgraded, xp left these entries in the registry. You can edit the registry to remove the references if you are confortable doing that. You can also try uninstalling the video drivers and then re-installing them. A utility such as Norton Windoctor may also find and fix the problem.

Thanks Big,
    Tried Norton Utilities with no luck. Now Iíll try to edit the registry but most likely Iíll make a new and clean installation of Windows XP, since I have a good backup of all my important stuff.

Thread Information