Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Problem - Win XP slows my computer down

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    First thing I have to ask is: have you followed my XP guide?
    Gonna check it out as soon as I get home, thanks for the heads up on that man, hope this will solve my problem. :cheers:

Also a suggestion is to download a program that allows for a right click option of launching programs, espec. games at high CPU priority - that will help too

Quote Originally Posted by BCan
    Also a suggestion is to download a program that allows for a right click option of launching programs, espec. games at high CPU priority - that will help too
    Whats the name of the program?

Can't remember, but I think I was using the X-Setup program to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    First thing I have to ask is: have you followed my XP guide?
    Just finnished following your XP guide, got the exact same results in benchmarking... :(
    The only thing it got better was GP4 but it just improved 2 fps, it still remains much slower then when I was running ME. :cry:

Any more ideas anyone?

Do you have any sort of Anti Aliasing turned on? Or maybe even Antistropic filtering? Then again with hardware like that I don't think it should affect anything to much. But just in case.

Have the same settings that I used to had on ME.
    Either way, I turn them off and the results were the same.

heh...I have no more to say then I'm sorry man. I really feel bad I have no idea what it is.

Maybe its a hardware failure somehwere and something is not performing up to what its supposed to do. Or maybe something is configured wierd. I dunno

Yeah I know man... been trying to solve this for so long and really can't understand whats going on :cry: , it's not hardware because it perfomrs just nice with ME but it crashes all the time... :(

Well thanks anyway for trying to help me out guys :cheers:

When I installed XP Pro over ME, i got some bad results...real choppy with UT. I wiped out ME and did a completely fresh install using the new file system (not FAT32, can't remember the name!). Did you do that? I am getting 8500 benchmark for Mark2001, about 1500 better than before. Running a P4 1.8 with a GE4 4400.

I found that completely wiping out your file system is painful, but good in the long-run!

Good luck! :thumb:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information