Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: irq question

i am running windows xp pro and i noticed that all my hardware is on irq 9 (video card, sound card, nnic card, hard disk controller, and usb ports) i tried using the bios to correct them but windows still puts them on port 9 can anyone tell me how i can get them on different ports? there a no conflicts but this is obviously inefficient.

Mine when using ACPI in my old Athlon 600 did that too, maybe because old ACPI assign same IRQ for all PCI devices, but now I use new mobo for athlon xp, the IRQ can be varied up to IRQ 21. As long there is no hardware conflict should be allright.
    XP1800+ (stock) with V7+ on 7VRXP rev 1.1 | R9500 128 mb softmod to 9500 pro /w dualview 17" and 15" CRT | 2x 256 pc2700 ram | Maxtor 60 GB | Sb Live 5.1 | 3Com NIC | Pioneer DVD 16x slot | Liteon 32x flashed to 40x |

It is more of an OS thing, that the sharing of IRQ's is common with Win2K and WinXP.

I guess it is trying to be efficient by only having to reference to one IRQ, I can't remember how to change it, so that they can use different IRQ's

i think it is an os thing simply because it did not do this when i had windows 98 installed.

Thread Information