Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SP1 and no internet connection at all!!!!

Hello everybody ,
    I ve just installed sp1 for win xp pro.and now i can not connect to internet. now i ve deleted the sp1 and i can connect to Internet.I ask what is that for a streng problem.
    Has anyone had the same problem or knoes anyone a solution .
    Please help me.
    Thank's a lot
    Mylarache

How did you connect to the internet before. I am on qwest dsl running through a cisco 678 router and dlink switch, and it worked ok. What happens if you ping a known ip address? What happens if you ping yahoo.com (or similar)?

I can not ping to any site. I receive ( transmit failed. error code 65).
    But my messenger (SMS messenger) is connecting and i can chat to my freinds.
    I ve an online radio (Spinner) I can connect and listen to the music.
    But i can display no internet page.
    I ve a cable modem connection with sitecom broedband router.
    Other pc's on my network re ok and they can reach internet pages.
    So what is that for SP1 ????? Is it just more problems????
    Whene i delete SP1 i can reach all internet pages.

Sounds like a dns problem. Perhaps your sp1 conflicts with something on your broadband provider's DNS. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I have the same problem. After install of SP1 from 9down.comI was unable to connect tothe internet with a error 65. I uninstalled sp1 and still no internet with an error msg of can't find site. error 65 nolonger shows up. can't ping anything. using cablemodem and charter cable. Also noticed when norton util ran it found a there was a missing file msppcnfg.exe. I can't find a copy,what does it do? Lucky I have my backup pc to get on the net and look this up. hope someone can help.

Only (and this is non-tekkie!) advice I have, is to scour your TCPIP and other Network properties (right-click on My Network Places, choose Properties, then right click on the connection's icon and choose Properties again). Check to see if sumpthin ain't right.

XP has a tendency to try to think for you. Maybe it 'thought' you needed to change your settings. :thumb:

Also make sure you download the sp1 from microsofts site. Don't know if the others are linking to it or not? Here is the link for microsofts sp1 download:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...sp1_en_x86.exe

: peace2:

My network settings are good cause i can connect to windows messenger and to the online radio.I can connect to my pc's on my network.
    I ve download the SP1 from microsoft site and it 's not likking.I don't have any ip conflict.

Whene i delete SP1 i can display all internet pages.
    Thank's for trying to helping me and iam ready to try all what can be as advice.
    Mylarache

The solution is that i had to delete Zonealarm. Now i can connect to the lan and the wan.
    Thank's for trying to help me.
    Mylarache

HI all
    My first post here, I had the same problem and it was zone alarm, although I did not have to uninstall it, I just re told za to allow ie and oe access and everything has been working ok since.
    Hope this helps
    Tony

Thread Information