Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SP1 & Windpws update

Heeeeeeeeeeelllllllpppppp! followed the excellent guide ;) to get sp1 on my machine but it appears in my system properties that windows update is unavailable, ne1 help pls

you wont be able to use windows update if ur running a copy of win xp that has a product key starting with FCK

hmm, original install was, but have used prog recommended in guide to change key. With the fck key i couldnt even install :-/

If u cant use an FCK key which one(s) will windows update SP1 download accept ( wish i knew what the hell i was doing) thanx in advance. Have tried the tacktech corp cdrom creation, to include the Sp1 upgrade, to the letter but still couldnt integrate. :cheers:
    If you truly love something, set it free. If it returns then it is yours.
    If it doesn't then hunt it down and kill it!

hrm, i have the same problem, SP1 seemed to install ok...the only thing i notice is the windows update page no longer works, i checked my product key and it starts with M3C...any ideas?

edit

now thats odd...after trying at least 5 times and 1 restart it still didn't work...and now all of a sudden it does...go figure?! :) and there is an update that "provides new information about security and privacy"...more info in knowledge base article Q327405

Thread Information