Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem installing XP SP1

That's what happened: i downloaded SP1 from microsoft. Then i started it BEFORE launching the serial changer applet. So SP1 gave me an error and now the Serial changer doesn't work: it generates the key but doesn't start the serial changing windows. I even tried to do it manually as i found in some other forums (msoobe.exe and regedit trick) but still the msoobe.exe deosn't work. I even tried to replace my msoobe.exe with the cd one but nothing changed. I use the Dewils0wn XP rlease.
    Did micro**** block the serial number- changing procedure on my pc ? If it is, as i think, what can i do (other than reeinstalling an XP SP! integrated release) ?

Thanks !

Beefy Guest

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=4491

check out that thread, near the end is a link to another site that might help

Well i looked there, but myproblem is not the keys which are not valid. I can't start the activation procedure which is the msoobe.exe part. when i run it from "start"-"run", it just doesn'l load and doesn't give me any error, just load for a few seconds and then nothing happens.

Anyone can save me from a re-format ???

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...8324#post88324

More people have this, including me. It's frustrating, especially since I don't want a re-format at all..

I get "Only numbers can be used for the confirmation ID" after activating the kee-gen. for Win-XP Pro :confused: Have microsoft changed this in the official SP1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    I get "Only numbers can be used for the confirmation ID" after activating the kee-gen. for Win-XP Pro :confused: Have microsoft changed this in the official SP1 ?
    You're at the wrong place. Click the "Change Product Key" button underneath where you are trying to enter the product key and it is currently yelling at you.

test

I downloaded the XPProCorp-KeyChanger...and it generates the new keys ok...but when I go to the next screen.."Activate Windows" ...this screen is blank (blue)...so I am unable to select "yes I want to tephone a customer service rep....etc"....anybody know what happen ..??thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    You're at the wrong place. Click the "Change Product Key" button underneath where you are trying to enter the product key and it is currently yelling at you.

:eek: that easy huh....:p ...well...thx m8 :thumb:

*ranger pulls out his nerdglasses and reads manual*

Thread Information