Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP SP1 problem with dual email identities

Well since everyone has added problems with the XP SP1 installations, I figured that I'd add my own as well...

I installed the SP1 from the Windows Update page. Everything went well and I had no errors or problems with the installation of the service pack. BUT, bow that I am trying to use Outlook Express, I can only access my main email identity. When I tell it to switch to my other account, the email program loads up again with the main identity. I even added a new account to recreate it and it still only goes to my main identity.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I guess no one else is running dual identities then.

FYI... It is a problem with the SP1. I uninstalled it (that feature worked surprisingly well for a Microsoft product) and the dual identities came right back again. I think I'll wait until someone get's their service packs working properly before I try again.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Strange but I also have trouble getting my second email account to work with sp1 installed, I do a send recieve and cant get mail on second account but I can send mail with the second account weird , I never figured it to be sp1 related but I guess I could test it on my other puter I am gonna format this in a day or so I just made my slipstreamed xpsp1 bootable and tested it last night by doing a repair and it worked like a charm but I want a clean drive slippedstream install for this baby

gonna try my other puter and the email account and see what is what

Thread Information